Fast food strike. McQuiz. The Ballad of Healthcare.gov.
The podcast for people who want to fix not just a website, but the whole economy.
Does the Obamacare website make you want to sing? Don't answer. Just listen: we've taken care of that for you already. And once the music stops, it's time for a visit to an uprising in the underbelly of our unsurpassedly unequal economy: the great fast food strike of 2013. You'll meet a Taco Bell worker standing up for her rights, an powerhouse organizer working behind the scenes—and you'll take The Good Fight's soon-to-be-beloved McDonald's McResources McQuiz.
Plus, a Win Report that examines the Obamacare predictions of noted health policy experts Michelle Bachman and Glenn Beck, welcomes the Arctic 30 as they bid a fond farewell to their Russian jail cell, and tells the (genuinely) heartwarming Thanksgiving story of a Pizza hut manager who did the right thing, lost his job, and fought back.
Originally posted on December 3, 2013
Jennifer Epps-AddisonExecutive Director
Garlin Gilchrist IIDetroit's Deputy Technology Director for Civic Community Engagement
Laurenellen McCannExecutive Producer emeritus, The Good Fight
MoveOn.org8 million progressives fighting for change.
Sources for the Win Report:
- Lots of improvement on Healthcare.gov, although plenty's still haywire (catch up here). But the crazy things right-wingers predicted about Obamacare? Wrong.
- Despite the NRA ads, points out Mark Herring's campaign manager, sensible gun violence prevention policies actually helped elect the new Attorney General in Virginia.
- The Arctic 30 is out on bail! Yay! But Arctic sea ice continues to vanish.
- Isaaic is no longer banned from Coronado Mall. Thanks, petition signers!
- The Pizza Hut manager, following a firestorm, got his job back.
- Should JP Morgan be able to write off its giant fine? No?
- Ted Cruz is hilarious. Unintentionally.